Webmaster (Odoo, Plone)
RPG Research is a non-profit 501(c)3 charitable human services and research organization.
RPG Research has a multiple volunteer openings for senior and junior webmasters to help migrate and maintain our many associated websites. This skill _requires_ knowledge and experience with Plone and Wordpress at a minimum.
RPG Research is looking to fill 2 Webmaster positions (senior & junior) to maintain websites and servers to meet the needs of users across multiple sites. You will be responsible for keeping our sites secrure, while also being easy to use, attractive, and in compliance with our media & branding campaigns. You will work with other team members including the Director of Marketing & Fundraising, Branding Manager, Graphics Artists, and others.
In this role, you should be detailed-oriented and an excellent communicator. Balancing a creative eye with an analytical mind is essential. If you have a strong technical background, we’d like to meet you.
As a volunteer, we need qualified, invested, candidates that can commit to at least 1 hour per day, 3-5 days per week.
This position can be 100% remote work.
- REQUIRED: At least 1 year real-world production experience with Plone - please do not apply if you do not meet this requirement, there will be a test on using this platform.
- REQUIRED: At least 1 year real-world production SERVER experience with Linux (any distro, though CentOS/RHEL is preferred).
- REQUIRED: At least 1 year real-world production experience with SSH.
- REQUIRED: At least 6 months real-world production experience with Wordpress.
- REQUIRED: Volunteer MUST be available for a minimum of 1 hour per day 3-5 days per week (days of week may vary), with a minimum commitment of 3 months (quarterly).
- REQUIRED: Must pass background check.
- Preferred: Experience with OpenBSD.
- Preferred: Experience with VPNs.
- Must be able to read and write well in English
- Must have proven experience as a webmaster
- Web design experience
- Knowledge of web analytics and SEO
- Familiarity with web standards
- Previous experience of website management tools
- Must have strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Must possess strong organizational, interpersonal, comprehension and analytical skills
- Must be a team player
- Knowledge of e-commerce and internet marketing
- Ability to meet important deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized, while working in a fast-paced, multi-project environment
This position will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Migrating and maintaining company websites (rpgresearch.com, mistheroes.com, and others).
- Web design.
- Integration with third-party services, ike Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Patreon, GoFundme, Discord, etc.
- Regularly running security checks/audits on our websites.
- Ensuring the functionality and efficiency of web infrastructure.
- Examining and analyzing site traffic.
- Becoming an expert on our web admin interface.
- Reviewing and implementing SEO.
- Uploading and maintaining website content (copy, photos, blog, etc.).
- Troubleshooting/testing websites to see if there are any parts that are difficult to use.
- Closely collaborating with other marketing team members to coordinate branding/photography/videography/graphic needs for website.
- Ensuring consistency throughout the website.
- Keeping up to date with advances in computer technology and web design industry and how this affects the business environment.
- Proactively providing input on how the company can improve on website and its offerings.
- Planning for future changes to the website.
- Gathering feedback and ensuring accuracy when implementing edits/feedback.
- Supporting and collaborating with the marketing team with additional projects as needed.
- Collaborating with multiple departments to ensure website functionality (customer service, account managers, IT, data team, etc.).
- Collaborate with IT Department for hosting and web server maintenance.
- Be comfortable with the in’s and out’s of managing and manipulating a WordPress website, updates, exports, imports, migrations, plugins, etc.
- Must be able to multi-task and move quickly in a fast paced work environment and over-see multiple websites at once.
- Organization and a problem solver is vital for this position.
- Work with Marketing Team for marketing campaigns to build landing pages, forms, etc.
- A/B Testing plan and on-going testing to improve overall site.
- Work with and manage outside vendors to maintain a top-quality user friendly website, (Godaddy, hosting providers, DNS registrars, etc.).
- Knowledge of bounce rate.
- Professional, hard-working, and brings ideas to the table.
No lifting or labor activities are expected for this position that can be 100% remote work.
Applicant Must Provide:
- Detailed resume (longer with more useful information is better than short buzz-word filled bullet lists that just blend with all the rest).
- Work samples
This is a volunteer position. Candidate must be available a minimium of 1 hour per day 3-5 days per week (specific days can vary).
Free training/mentoring from senior level admin with over 35 years of technology experience, and over 20 years of web experience, published by the SANS Institute, and who's work has influenced technology decisions made by Fortune 500 companies, including Google.
Great work experience helping a 501(c)3 charitable non-profit organization improve the quality if life for many people around the world.
Real-world enterprise-level work experience for a fast growing internationally connected organization.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $0.00 per year
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- How many years of CENTOS experience do you have?
- How many years of Linux SERVER in production experience do you have?
- How many years of OpenBSD experience do you have?
- How many years of Plone experience do you have?
- How many years of Python experience do you have?
- How many years of RHEL experience do you have?
- How many years of SSH experience do you have?
- How many years of system administration experience do you have?
- How many years of VPN experience do you have?
- How many years of web experience do you have?
- How many years of Wordpress experience do you have?
- Do you speak English?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?