Systems Administrator I [Volunteer]
RPG Research is in need of additional volunteers who would like to assist in the maintenance and implementation of mailing, web, and authentication services hosted by RPG Research. All levels of experience are welcome, and there are no hard requirements beyond a background check and reliable communication with stakeholders.
Implement and maintain mailing, web, and authentication services
Offer technical support to volunteersUnix systems: OpenBSD, CentOS, and Ubuntu
"Start up" mode organization where priorities are prone to change
A willingness to submit to a criminal background
Reliability in notifying management of expected interruptions or changes in volunteer time
What will you gain?
- Develop production experience in both Linux and OpenBSD based applications
- Learn best practices as an administrator and further your knowledge of popular Unix systems
- Proof of your desire to both learn and apply your skills in the field, a desirable trait for employers
- Have the opportunity to suggest changes to systems, and make your own projects
- Mentorship from an IT and IT Security veteran: Hawke Robinson
- If you prove your commitment and reliability, you can receive a reference to back up your experience